New Hair Clinic - Dr Jennifer Martinick Rebuttal

Patients, colleagues, associates and friends I write to address the nature of some misleading

material published on the website, Hair Transplant Network, including the inaccurate and

generalised statement on Hair Transplant Network that there are no quality hair restoration

professionals in Australia.

Operated by Media Visions, www.hairtransplantnetwork.com is one of several interconnected

websites claiming to provide unbiased information about hair restoration physicians and

treatments.

Media Visions does not employ any medical doctors and is not affiliated with or approved by

any medical specialisation board or certification organisation.

The website derives its income from sponsorship fees – fees which I paid during my

membership of Hair Transplant Network between 2000 and 2006.

I accepted an invitation to join Hair Transplant Network in 2000 and in accordance with that

invitation I paid an annual fee of approximately $20,000 to $30,000. This fee was for the

promotion of my services as a hair restoration surgeon on the site.

I remained a member until 2006; however, at that time I chose to allocate the money spent

with Hair Transplant Network, towards creating awareness and education about hair

restoration surgery and hair loss issues across a broader variety of media, professional and

public education forums.

I advised Hair Transplant Network that I intended to utilise my $30,000 in other ways, however

representatives of the company continued to pursue my business for the following three years.

Although I chose to withdraw my financial support, reports on the site suggest that I was

‘removed’ from recommendation on the website and was no longer qualified to be in the

‘coalition’ of doctors.

I am a member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), the Australasian

Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, a faculty member of the European Society of Hair

Restoration Surgery and an honoured member of the Argentina Association of Medicine &

Cosmetic Surgery.

The ISHRS is a member of the American Medical Association’s House of Delegates (HOD) and

the ISHRS is accredited by the Accreditation Council on Continuing Medical Education (ACCME).

In my capacity of President of the Australasian Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Program

Chair for the ISHRS meeting in Sydney and President of the ISHRS I have worked for greater

education and awareness about hair loss and the medical treatment available for people

affected by it.

This work has generated coverage reaching millions of readers and viewers across a variety of

media including newspapers, magazines and digital media.

I have been acknowledged for my contributions to scientific research and have presented

lectures in Australia, Asia, Europe and the United States.

I was the first Australian and first woman to receive the highest honour in the field of hair

restoration surgery, being awarded the ISHRS Platinum Follicle Award in New York, 2003.

I am also the recipient of the Italian Society of Hair Restoration Milestone Award and the ISHRS

Research & Development Grant – 1999 & 2000.

In further acknowledgement of my contribution to scientific research I earned international

prominence for studies on damaged hair and for developing the snail track method to develop

a natural looking hairline.

My involvement in the list of medical associations mentioned in this article has given me the

privilege of working with some of the most dedicated, compassionate and highly accomplished

hair restoration professionals - all located right here in Australia.

Review about: Hair Restoration Professionals.

Comments

I have read some of the comments on the Hair Restoration Network forums and must say I don't know why people even bother reading information from these forum sites.In my opinion, anyone seriously considering hair transplant surgery, or any medical procedure for that matter, wether its from hair loss specialist Dr Jennifer Martinick or any other doctor, I would encourage you to seek qualified, reliable information as opposed to chat room chit chat forums from people who may or may not actually exist.

Granted, some of the comments you read on sites like Hair Restoration Network and other hair loss forum sites might actually be legitimate from people who genuinely want to share their story be it good or bad. Problem is you don't really know who is or isn't genuine including the comments they post.

As well as this, there has been some negative comments circulating the internet against high profile doctors such as Dr Martinick. Surely its reasonable to conclude that Dr Martinick must be a very competent hair loss surgeon considering she over 30 plus years in the industry, countless happy patients (publicly available on the internet) and the fact that she was voted President of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS)in 2011/2012 by her peers.

Maybe its the tall poppy syndrome kicking in that others out there are trying to discredit this doctor.Either that or maybe they are actually competitors trying to make themselves look better...